Monday, December 22, 2014

How many proposals in one day?

Two different girls asked me to marry them this week. On the same day.
I feel like I should've been keeping track of how many girls have
proposed to me, but I didn't think it would be that frequent!

Hallo, humans and doggies!

Elder Wallace and I were asked to come to a training we had already
heard in the mission home. That, along with a ton of other events,
makes our use of trains increase significantly. Whoo, reimbursements!

I have yet to be asked any questions this week, but if I get any
before I'm done writing, I'll be sure to answer them!

We've actually been extremely busy this week. We only had one day that
wasn't completely planned by Sunday afternoon, at least until we
realized that we also had to do weekly planning... We have little time
beyond our appointments!

For some reason, all of our investigators speak English! It's kinda
strange, but two of them are English teachers, one of them Vietnamese,
etc, etc... Not anything that Elder Wallace is complaining about, for
sure!

Random Story Time!
This week we made it to the English class of the guy I mentioned last
week! It was supa' fun! It's not that I have anything against our own
English class, but that guy knows how to run shtufts! There were about
15 kids, ranging around 6~10 years old, with one 14 year old in the
advanced class, and it was ridiculously high-energy. The teacher guy
kept trying to set us up with the 14 year old, getting her to ask
weird questions and stuff. For example, (Elder Wallace also got
proposed to once or twice this week.) he told her to ask "Will you
marry me?" and she was all confused and didn't catch what he was
saying, then one of the younger kids told her what he meant, so she
turned to Elder Wallace and said "How old are you?" and it was
hilarious. I definitely want to go back and help sometime!

We had our Ward Christmas party this week! The Elders were asked to
help build Bethlehem, so we used all our amazing scouting skills and
owned that wood and rope and made some pretty cool mangers and
shtufts, then I was nominated by the other elders to play the angel
Gabriel in the nativity. It was kinda funny 'cuz when we did the first
rehearsal I was still wearing all of my work clothes, so I had to take
off my black hoodie and gloves to put on the white robes of angel-dom
and I instantly thought of the scripture Romans 13:12-"The night is
far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of
darkness, and let us put on the armour of light."

We went and helped out at an open house in a church in Yamate for a
good long while today, just kinda standing around and telling people
to enter the building and fill out the questionnaire. We'll be back
tomorrow near a park near the church from 9:30am to 1:30pm, so a good
three hours. It's gonna be... Fun? Prolly?

Anyways, ttyal! Lovingeds!
Younger Elder Brooksby


No comments:

Post a Comment