Tuesday, October 7, 2014

The secret to a successful life...

Always carry a guitar. Anyone with a guitar instantly has more
presence and authority in any situation. Wonder who is the most
attractive? The man with a guitar. Who knows the answers to life's
great questions? The man with a guitar. Who has the ability to solve
any problem? The man with a guitar. It is almost certain that God
himself carries a guitar.

Hello all of the everybodies!

I figured out a formula that changes all concepts of my world! Lack of
hatred for mosquitoes=No itching! It's crazy, but if you can overcome
the deep, ingrained section of your soul that despises the creation of
mosquitoes as a means to afflict and torment man, and if you can love
them for that very same reason, their bites will never annoy you
again! Weird thought, but try it out if you can!

Weekly Questions!

Conference; how was it? What was my favorite part?
Conference; the big event that we don't actually see until next week, sadly.

Could I watch Conference in English or Japanese?
We could watch it in either, but unless they have an investigator that
would be uncomfortable without them, missionaries generally watch the
English version.

If I could see yourself as an Apostle, which one would I be?
Elder Bednar, prolly. He's way soft-spoken and logical yet spiritual,
plus he's young, energetic and still has hair.

Do they have ice-cream in japan?
Yupp. Not quite the same as America, and in no case the same
quantities, nowhere near the same price, but yes, there is ice cream.

Have my culinary skills improved since I left?
Are you implying that there had been room for improvement? But I guess
yea, I've gained a bit more experience in cooking without a microwave,
cooking from scratch and shtufts. Really, though, all that I've
learned is the one-word formula called "The Brooksby Recipe for
Success": Guess.

Do I like knocking doors, walking in circles or looking for addresses
forever better?
You mean do I like housing, streeting or visiting members better, ne?
I'd have to say I personally enjoy streeting the most, but really
anytime that I can be face-to-face with a person and an opportunity to
give an invitation, that makes me happy.

How was the storm? I got to put my feet up the table and take a break
until the storm blew over, right?
Well, it was conveniently timed, actually. I ended up getting way sick
the night before, and was out of commission the entire time the storm
was going, but then the storm stopped right as I was feeling like I
should go do something anyways, and we made it through alive and
actually had a pretty good day! It was kinda cool.

I saw a ton of Hodogaya members this last week! We saw the Saito
couple who was visiting Sister Saito's sister, I believe, and we also
saw Sister Ushijima who came down for the day to get some acupuncture
shtufts done, and she said she would say hullo to her family for me,
which was extremely nice of her, then we saw Ai Saijo, the ping-pong
almost-master. I claimed that title in the tournament we held. But
yeah, it was supa' crazy! Elder Brown thinks it's a sign, but of what
I'm not sure.

You know you're doing a decent job as trainer when your trainee tells
you after reviewing the day "Yeah, I'm kinda worried... I'm almost
starting to expect success."

Random Story Time!
The sisters asked Elder Brown and I to get them a stack of B5 paper
for printing out some papers that we use to explain the Book of Mormon
when giving it to someone. We got the paper from a stationary store
near our apartment and brought it to the church the next day, then
they told us thanks for getting it so quickly and reliably. We found
out later that they had been asking the other sets of elders for a
month or so and none of them came through. Just goes to show you, if
you do it right the first time, even the small things, you come out on
top, right?

Something else my trainee said: "I googled poison." meaning "I
searched poison in gospel library." in missionary language.

Lovedsedses! Have an awesome week!
Younger Elder Brooksby
Ps. Legit Brooksby in Kanji: 小川隣-Ogawadonari-Next to (a) small river(s)-Brooksby


No comments:

Post a Comment