Monday, October 20, 2014

What are these called, again?

"Sprinkles, Elder Thurman. Those are Sprinkles." The actual America
dies in old missionaries memories.

Hullo, peoples.

We got to go with a recent convert of two weeks and another member for
the first time to do baptisms in the temple! There is also an
investigator getting baptized in our ward on Thursday after transfers!
And a less-active kid I worked with almost a year ago recently
introduced his sister to the missionaries! It's all supa' sweet!

Weekly Questions!

Do Japanese people have pets?
Lots of dogs. Mostly really small dogs, but mainly dogs. Sometimes
there is the occasional cat, but they are more of the random mascots
than regular pets.

Are there any farm areas in my mission?
There's always the occasional garden, and sometimes the garden is
rather large, but nowhere near what you would see in America.

What is the industry where am I at? Professions?
Mah, everybody's a businessman or something else. The something else
is generally something to do with advertising or beauty salons.

How many Japanese YM serve missions? Do most serve or is it just a few?
A good number of them in Tokyo do, but we don't get a whole lot of
Japanese missionaries in our mission 'cuz it's not often that someone
goes to their home mission; we've had two or three, I believe.

Have I seen General Conference yet? If so, which talk stood out to me this time?
Yeah I did! I really liked the talk by President Uchtdorf on receiving
light. The one to non-members by Elder Bednar was also pretty cool.
Sadly we didn't have any investigators that managed to attend, but
that's okay, I'm sure the spirit got to them.

Dunno what to teach your investigator? Hey, Word of Wisdom! That's
always good! We taught Yazawa the Word of Wisdom with no preparation
'cuz the spirit told us to. Yey for role-playing things you don't
think you will teach anytime soon!

Random Story Time!
Most often the advanced class in English Class consists of older
people, and often they are not too into the idea of a game after
class, and in Kanagawa it was no exception. We had only one or two out
of twelve or so of them that would join, then the rest would head
home. We found that to be a problem, mainly because the main time we
invite them to take lessons, come to church, or invite them to some
activity is after the game is over and we're all eating snacks
together, so Elder Brown and I devised a plan. We got to do our plan
this last week, what we called the "After-class Discussion"! It went
way well! We made sure that they knew that it wasn't part of English
Class, so if religion came up, so be it, but it was mainly in their
hands. We started off by laying some ground rules, like no politics,
end by 8:30, no talking over people(which we all agreed was mainly for
the Americans), etc. etc. and I just started asking them questions
like "So how do you keep a "cozy" home?", "What do you do to make your
family cozy with each other?", "How do you think you can best keep
from fighting with family members?" and other thought-provoking
questions like that. We all totally felt the spirit a lot and two of
the ladies in that class are currently investigators! God is just good
at planning, and we are lucky enough to have a chance to get a glimpse
of those plans, if we are worthy of it!

We had a way good day today, going to chill at Enoshima. I totally
told Elder Brown to watch out for the sea hawks that attack people and
carry off small children, but he didn't believe me. Now he had the
wonderful task of cleaning some niku-mon, or meat bread, out of his
pants because they wanted it and he didn't give it to them. The first
one hit me in the head with its wing on the dive, so it looked way
funny as it kinda lost balance in the air. Now every trainee of mine
knows that I never lie!

I ran into a member of an old area of mine and they surprised me
extremely. Elder Brown said he's never seen me go that shade before,
and I must say, it takes a lot to surprise me, but they managed it. It
shocked me so much my brain ceased to function properly, and that
coupled with my reaction obviously made my companion want an
explanation. I hope that from now on, in cases of surprise, I will be
able to retain my thought-process a bit better.

~~~~~~~~~~TRANSFER UPDATE?!?!?!~~~~~~~~~~
1. Elder Thurman stays for his 6th transfer in this area.
2. Elder Thurman's new companion is Elder Sharman, the same transfer
number as me. It's gonna be great 'cuz the readings for their names in
Japanese are way close, サルマン and シャマン, or sa.ru.ma.n and sha.ma.n, so
people are totally gonna mix them up all the time.
3. Elder Shurilla stays and is training a new missionary.
4. Elder Bowerbank and Kobayashi stay the same.
5. Sister Fuggle stays and is training a new missionary.
6. Sister Funakura is transferring somewhere that I don't remember
with a companion whose name I don't remember.
7. Elder Brown transfers to Tama, known as having tons of girls and
"Hello Kitty Land", and his new companion is a transfer 2 missionary,
Elder Naganuma, so he will be training him.(Told him so.)
8. Younger Elder Brooksby transfers to Kawasaki to open the Kawasaki C
area, as well as train a new missionary.

Yeah, surprised you with that random *BAM* Transfers! right? Bwahahaha!

I finally sent off a package on 10/17! I've been working on doing so
for so long! Now I don't have that unfulfilled goal in my planner
anymore. That's a good thing.

Loveds! The special people especially! Short ones the most!
Younger Elder Brooksby

No comments:

Post a Comment