Monday, January 19, 2015

No lost sheep? Well...

Elder Taylor and I ended up waiting on the wrong platforms during
transfers because the zone leaders never told either of us where to
meet and wouldn't answer their phone. Wahoo, we made it alive!

Heyo peoples!

Transfers have been mostly successful and Elder Wallace is now in the
depths of Kofu, the jungle area, and he has been replaced with Elder
Taylor, who is way chill. It seems that Kawasaki has a massive "chill
magnet" hidden somewhere in their church...

Weekly Questions!

How are things with me?
Things are supa' sweet!

How is the work going in Japan?
Faster than ever, and that's the honest truth!

Have my Facebook posts had a theme lately?
Nope!

How do I decide what to post?
I look through my pictures, find a reference to match it, all the
while thinking of people who will prolly see it, then I post it!

Are there people that I have contacted in Japan using FB?
Mmm.... I am honestly one of the missionaries that uses it the least,
as far as contacting investigators or when finding. I'm not really
sure why... I guess I just prefer a phone number!

If I could summarize each area of my mission with one word for each,
what would they be?
Mmm... well, other than using their actual names as the one word,
Sagamihara would be "Foundational", Kunitachi is "Inspiring",
Kichijoji is "Bustling", Hodogaya is "Home", Kanagawa is "Friendly"
and Kawasaki is "Chill".

What is the Legacy I would want to leave the people in Japan?
Mah, I wouldn't mind if they all(minus short people, family and best
friends!) forgot about me, as long as they were happier because of
what I did.

Can I finish my mission without any regrets?
I stood every time I fell. There is no room left for regrets with all
that success.

How do I feel about the fact that time is getting short?
Life goes on. Seasons change. We may not wish for the cold of winter,
but it will come regardless, and if we spend our time wishing and
wanting, we will never be prepared for the first snow. We may long for
the rain of spring, the warmth of summer, the colors of autumn, but if
we do not live through the winter, we won't live much at all.

Do I need you to do anything for me?
Just keep on improving. That's all God asks, and that's all I ask.

What challenges did I face this week? How did I feel? How did I respond?
Well, I can't actually think of any! I dunno if that means I'm not
doing something right, or if it's just that I don't see trials as
trials anymore, but I can't think of anything difficult that I've had
to deal with this week.

Do I know how much everyone loves and prays for me?
I can feel it. I don't know exactly how many people are praying, but I
can feel every one!

Lots of questions! Gotta love the questions!

Random Story Time!
e had to watch as the ward council threw bishop under the bus! There
is a member who is taking some liberties with their calling, and
president has asked us to work on it with the ward council, but they
are all afraid of that member, so they called the bishop out to do it.
It's gonna be an interesting week!

Did you know that you can be whoever you want with anyone you choose?
You just have to give the correct information when talking about
yourself.
For example, I can throw out that I used to play video games all the
time, I didn't hang out with friends a ton, I watched anime and I
listened to music like "Owl City".
Then again, I could say that I love metal and heavy rock, my favorite
bands including "Five Finger Death Punch" and "Disturbed", I had way
long hair and I wanted to dye it black and red, I wore fingerless
gloves and all black clothes and it was a hobby of mine to bug
teachers, ditch class and make people nervous.
And yet again, I worked on both sets for movies and plays, I've always
enjoyed acting, I took ballroom dancing classes, I love set design and
I want to run a company of professional storytellers.
And just as the last example, I have gone to church since the day I
was born, I planned to serve a mission from when I was young, I loved
to share the gospel to anyone, whether it be over video games, social
media, in person or otherwise, my favorite classes in school always
included seminary and I love to serve people, especially when I can do
it anonymously.

You can be who you wanna be and do what you wanna do. You know it and
believe it, and now it's time to live it!

Peaches of pie!
Younger Elder Brooksby

No comments:

Post a Comment